Thursday 27 July 2017

Leaving with a sense of gratitude...

Despite feeling sad about retiring from Bernama, long-serving staff K.Raghavan can look back with a sense of pride that he has given his best in his 37 years of service to the organization.
“Definitely it is sad to leave…I enjoy my life in Bernama, I gave my sincerest in my work,” said the veteran of InfoLibNews.  
He was among 19 individuals who received long-service awards during Bernama's 50th anniversary dinner on May 22. 
As he goes on retirement come Aug 1 upon reaching 60, he is thankful to Bernama for helping him at a time when he needed most.
“I need to go for an operation to replace my pelvic bone after the problem occur again since the last operation in 1992,” said Raghavan, who was an athlete in his young days.
The operation is scheduled for August 23 at the University Malaya Medical Centre.
He said he was grateful to Bernama for providing financial assistance when he went for the first operation and again this time.
Saying he was feeling a little bit pain when moving around, he explained that he was unable to walk without a walking stick.
"...waiting for my surgery date, hopefully all will be well," said Raghavan, who is currently on medical leave.
“I will mostly miss the people in Bernama…colleagues and good bosses,” said the father of four, who joined Bernama at the age of 22 when the headquarters was at MCOBA Building in Jalan Syed Putra.
He said he will have to continue working after retirement “as my children are still studying”.
“Moreover, I don’t like to remain idle because it is not good for health,” he said.
His two elder children are a 20 year-old son and a 16 year-old son apart from two daughters aged 14 and 13 years old.
“I may have to count on my networking experience doing multi-level marketing or become a mutual fund agent," he said of the possible options that he would take.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment