Sunday 24 August 2014

From newsroom back to classroom ...



After two months in Bernama newsroom, it’s back to the classroom for International Islamic University Malaysia undergraduate Nurul Nadhirah Murad.
She completed her internship at the Arabic newsdesk last Friday.
“ Thanks to Bernama  for  giving me the opportunity to do my internship…I  gained  a number of benefits from the practical training,” she said.
“I was exposed to the working environment which had improved my communication skills and  experience in dealing with people,” said the 23 year-old from Bukit Besi in Dungun, Terengganu.
Nadhirah who is pursuing her Bachelor of Human Sciences (Arabic language and Literature) said she would cherish moments such as accompanying staff for a meeting at the Oman Embassy.
“Alhamdulillah, based on the discussion, I learned how to write news in Arabic Language.
“I could apply theories that I had learned in my course by translating news in Bahasa Malaysia into Arabic….by doing this task, I gained  the experience of doing translation work,” she added.
“Thanks to the staff from Arabic desk who were willing to teach me on how to write news in Arabic. I also had acquire some skills and knowledge in journalism too,” said Nadhirah.
She said the practical stint in Bernama had also given her the opportunity to get to know  interns from other universities.
“We are very happy to have become friends and will surely remember Bernama as the place where we first met,” she said.
Doing their internship at the same time with Nadhirah were Nor Bazilah Muhammad Ariffin of Universiti Putra Malaysia and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia undergraduate Nor Sahirah Abdul Aziz, both pursuing their Bachelor of Arts degree  in English Language.

No comments:

Post a Comment