Tuesday 1 July 2014

A Thrilling Experience...

 Our intern from Universiti Putra Malaysia, Nor Bazilah Muhammad Ariffin, was asked to join journalist Azzah Mohamad Som for a buka puasa assignment at The Westin KL last night and write about her experience.  Her account:

   "This is the first experience that I gained after I started my internship at Bernama. On Monday, 30th June 2014 I attended The Westin Kuala Lumpur’s Juadah Iftar at The Westin Hotel located in Jalan Bukit Bintang. I arrived there at 6.00 pm and at that time the organizer had just started to distribute complimentary packets of “Bubur Lambuk” to the locals, pedestrians, and also to the drivers who were stuck in the traffic in front of the hotel at Jalan Bukit Bintang. They distributed 100 packages of bubur lambuk as a symbol of their trademark in welcoming the fasting month of Ramadhan. During the distribution of bubur lambuk, I could see that the organizer enjoyed sharing the happiness in giving the bubur lambuk to all passer-by. However, from my own perspective I think that the organizer did a great job in marketing and in attracting customers to experience breaking fast at their hotel. When I entered the dining hall, I could see a variety of food selection cooked by the chefs that were lined up nicely and decorated with great presentations. We were welcomed by Lindsey Bradley who is the Marketing Communication Manager.
   What has become the sweetest thing was, this is my first experience in meeting with 40 children from “Rumah Yayasan Chow Kit”. I was told by their caretaker Encik Mohammad Nor Jamil  that some of the children lived in Lorong Haji Taib and some from poor families. Through this event, the children were fortunate to experience things that they could never have before. Their eyes lit up and their lips curved into a smile when they enjoy the wonderful food and delightful desserts provided by the organizer. It was not only them as I too enjoyed the delicious food prepared by the chefs..
   Another good experience that I have learnt through this event is that I had the opportunity to see a reporter in action by doing an interview and asking multiple questions to be published as news. My teammate, Miss Azzah interviewed one of the chefs who were in charge in making the bubur lambuk. She also gave me a chance to interview the children from “Rumah Yayasan Chow Kit”.  It was indeed a great experience. At the event, I had a chance to meet a reporter from NST who also attended the event by The Westin Hotel. To wrap it up nicely, this event was by far the best experience that I have ever had in my whole life."

No comments:

Post a Comment